Author Ethics and IEEE New Author Tools Workshop
Authors Ethics and IEEE Author Tools will take place on Wednesday, 11 October from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm.
The first half of this workshop will provide a comprehensive review of author ethics and best practices that will cover:
- the proper preparation of a manuscript;
- how to apply for funding and grants;
- best practices to avoid bibliometric and citation manipulation;
- discussion of the submission and the peer review process;
- via case studies, offer ethical practices to ensure successful publication.
The second half of this workshop will be presentations about new and updated IEEE tools for authors.
- IEEE DataPort™, a new IEEE product and service in support of submitting data and code in an IEEE dedicated repository with support from the Signal Processing Society.
- Code Ocean, a third-party repository to store and run algorithmic code; reproducibility will also be addressed.
- IEEE Author Center/Portal, which is now the premier tool that covers all types of authors to help navigate through the author journey.
- A new addition to the program is from Interface Guru, a third-party, human-centric UX service provider offering a presentation on: “Creating Usable Scientific Illustrations for Scholarly Articles.” This session will teach the fundamentals of usable figures and illustrations. After this workshop you will be able to create optimal graphics, regardless of the software tool you choose. During the interactive Q&A portion, participants may submit figures for group analysis.
Please join us for this informative workshop and we look forward to lively and interactive discussions.
Bill Colacchio, SPS Senior Manager, Publications & Education Strategy and Services
James E. Fowler, Program Director, National Science Foundation
Cia Romano, Founder and Senior UX Analyst, Interface Guru