Call For Industry Demonstrations
IEEE ICIP 2023 invites proposals for industry showcase demos to be presented during the conference. The 2023 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2023) will be held in Kuala Lumpur from October 8 to October 11, 2023. This flagship conference of the IEEE Signal Processing Society (SPS) will be held in-person at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
This showcase is intended for research demonstrations by industrial practitioners and researchers. The demos should highlight technological or research aspects of the work, and should have an interaction element with the audience. The goal is to clarify to the audience how to bridge the gap between research and products in an engaging fashion. Demos advertising commercial products cannot be part of this as they are more appropriate for the category of industry exhibition.
The scope includes (but is not limited to) the following subfields of image processing or
- Sensing, Representation, Modeling, and Registration
- Motion Estimation, Registration, and Fusion
- Synthesis, Rendering, and Visualization
- Deep Learning for Images and Videos
- Computational Imaging
- Learning with Limited Labels
- Restoration and Enhancement
- Image & Video Interpretation and Understanding
- Compression, Coding, and Transmission
- Detection, Recognition, Retrieval, and Classification
- Color, Multi-spectral, and Hyper-spectral Imaging
- Biometrics, Forensics, and Security
- Stereoscopic, Multi-view, and 3D Processing
- Biomedical and Biological Image Processing
- Image & Video Quality Models
- Emerging Applications and Systems
Participants are invited to submit industry demo proposals until the specified deadline. Each proposal must contain:
- Demonstration title.
- Name(s), affiliation(s) and email(s) of the demo contributors.
- 500-word abstract describing the technology being demonstrated, the equipment that will be used, and the demo experience. The abstract must clearly explain in what sense the proposed demo is innovative and how it will appeal to the ICIP audience.
- If the demo is associated with a paper submitted or accepted to IEEE ICIP 2023, the participants are invited to provide the corresponding paper ID.
- Demos should ideally have a presentation and an interactive component. In case the demo cannot be logistically transported, a video of the live demo being performed would be accepted if it conforms to the above requirement.
Each demo will be provided with a standard set composed of table and electrical power strip, possible display monitor (15”). Any additional equipment will be the responsibility of the participants. It is also the case of any shipping costs, delivery to and from the conference as well as care of the equipment during the conference.
Please note that at least one person needs to register to ICIP 2023 in order to present a demo.
Submission site opens: March 31, 2020 (AoE) Abstract submission deadline: April 30 (11:59pm AoE) Notification of acceptance/rejection: June 1 (AoE)
- Abstract submission deadline: June 30 (11:59pm AoE)
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: July 8 (AoE)
Demo Presentation: Onsite at the conference
Submission Details and Quick Review Process
Submission of Demo Abstract: https://forms.gle/ZX9r3cTaKkHncriM7
Demo proposals (abstracts) will be quickly peer-reviewed by the committee members responsible to select industry demos. The selection criteria include originality, innovation, applicability and potential benefit of the resulting system.
Conflict of Interest Policy
All people involved in the IEEE ICIP 2023 review process adhere to the IEEE conflict of interest policy. Details can be found at https://signalprocessingsociety.org/volunteers/conflict-interest
Please, send all enquiries about the Industry Demonstrations to email@example.com.