Following the same timeline as the conference papers, authors have the option to submit their paper for publication in the Open Journal of Signal Processing instead of in the conference proceedings. This journal is 100% open access – all content is freely available without charge to users or their institutions. The length limit for these papers is 8 pages + 1 page for references.. Note that the topics of papers submitted to this review track must fall within the technical scope of the conference.
All articles are currently published under Creative Commons licenses (either CCBY or CCBY-NC-ND), and the author retains copyright. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles published under CCBY, or use them for any other lawful purpose, as long as proper attribution is given. Articles published under CCBY-NC-ND are also available to users under the same conditions as CCBY, but the reuse cannot be for commercial purposes or change the work in any way.
Open access is provided through the payment of an article processing charge (APC) paid after acceptance. To present your paper at ICIP 2023, the accepted paper must be covered by a full author registration fee.
This partnership between ICIP and the Open Journal of Signal Processing (OJSP) provides an alternative to the standard ICIP review track for papers intended for presentation at ICIP. The primary differences are:
- The page limit is 8+1 rather than 4+1 pages.
- Manuscript review is managed by the OJSP editorial board rather than the ICIP Technical Program Committee.
- Manuscripts will be reviewed according to the usual journal criteria for its “short paper” category, and are subject to the usual screening and possible immediate rejection.
- Accepted manuscripts are published as Open Access articles in OJSP rather than in the ICIP conference proceedings.
- Accepted authors will be responsible for the discounted article processing charge (APC) of US$995 and an author registration at ICIP 2023, which would cover up to four accepted papers.
For further details of the submission process, see the OJSP information for authors. If a manuscript is intended for presentation at ICIP, it is essential that the “ICIP” Paper Type be selected during Step 1 of the submission process, and that submission be completed by the submission deadline of February 1, 2023.
Use the following link to submit your paper through the OJSP Review System. Please note that if you do not have a ScholarOne account with SPS, you will have to create one before you begin.
In the unlikely event of a far greater number of submissions that can be handled, we may end the guarantee of a decision in time for ICIP presentation prior to the advertised submission deadline. A best effort will be made to make decisions for any subsequent submissions in time for the deadline, but this will not be guaranteed. Authors will be notified and a warning will be posted on the submission webpage in the event that this becomes necessary.